Skip to main content
I am starting this blog as an easy way for family, friends and church members to track our journey to Guatemala.

The Guatemala team has been busy meeting since September to prepare for the trip.  We now have 9 weeks before departure (March 29-April 6, 2014). Members of the team are preparing the materials we will be using to share Jesus with the people in Guatemala.  In addition, we will be making hygiene kits to give to the Guatemalans, collecting medical supplies and collecting cash donations.

The congregation will be able to help us by supplying needed materials for the hygiene kits, donating medical supplies and cash.

We will be having a Family Night March 16, 2014 to share the Faith Lesson we will be teaching and to prepare the craft materials and hygiene kits we will be using.

We thank you for your prayers, support and encouragement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today has been an eye-opening experience for our team.  We began our day with devotions after breakfast.  Devotions were led by one of the Guatemalan missionaries, Carlos.  Carlos burst into a song of praise during his devotions and touched many of our hearts.  We then visited a ministry focused on "street boys", called Only a Child.  The boys live 24/7 in this ministry and work by crafting beautiful wooden boxes.  They attend alternative school on the weekends so they can receive an education.  Many of the these "boys" are in their 20s and are still working on their junior high education.  This ministry is started by a man who was a pastry chef in Boston, George Leger, but now he works full time with this ministry.  The boys have to follow strict rules in order to receive their lodging, food, and education.  The team was then introduced to the Guatemala City dump.  This is a very large dump where people scavenge for anything that t...

Tuesday

Today was a wonderful day. We woke up pretty early (I woke up around 6) and got ready for the day. At exactly 7am we had breakfast, holiday inn express Quincy style, minus the waffle maker, just the way we like it (if you know Kevin you get it). I had lots of coffee to wake me up. After breakfast and before devotions I got to visit with Sandra and Aracely. Sandra braided my hair, which is one of the best parts of coming down here (totally kidding), and then we went upstairs to "the upper room" for morning devotions, led by Aracely. She spoke about callings from God vs career choice. After devotions we went and put sun sauce and bug sauce on before choosing our van wisely (I got the van with the AC and got put next to quite a few Guatemalans, so I chose wisely). I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I am starting college this fall with the hopes of becoming an OB/GYN. Aracely is 7 months pregnant, and I was right between her and Sandra o...
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 So we started off the day by waking up between 7 and 7:30 in the morning because breakfast was served Holliday Inn style (minus the waffles).  From there we went to the location that we were having our faith lesson and working with the children.  The location was called El Rincon and when we arrived we unloaded our gear and left the vans to find the bathroom.  First of all the bathroom was in the yard of this nice man who's name is Carlos.  Second of all it was basically a hole in the ground with raised walls around it so you could sit down.  That was interesting, definitely didn't plan on going #2 while I was there.  After we learned where the bathroom was I got to pull some water out of a well that was extremely deep.  The thing about this water was the fact that because we were so close to an active volcano it was all hot water not cold.  From Carlos' house we went to Francisca's house who is the littl...